Monday 25 November 2013

Super Simple & Fun Tropical Themed Gingerbread Cookies


With Christmas just 29 days away I have started baking cookies with a dash of cinnamon and ginger filling the house with the aromas of the festive season. 

I'm having my nephews over this afternoon and wanted to surprise them with a sweet homemade treat so I whipped up a batch of "Gingerbread a la Tina", thawed out some left over frozen butter cream and got to decorating my tropical holiday themed gingerbread cookies - fitting for the start of summer here in Australia!.

To replicate this super simple look all you need is baked gingerbread biscuits, butter cream (1:2 ratio butter to icing sugar, dash of vanilla extract, dash of cream or milk to bring it together), Star tipped piping nozzle, and a packet of sprinkles.



place your butter cream in a piping bag fitted with your nozzle, then lay out the biscuits and start piping the flowers. You can practice using a piece of baking paper first till you achieve the desired look. Then top with sprinkles and that's it!.



I used a dash of green food colouring mixed with white sprinkles to create a grass skirt effect.



 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!