I found this gorgeous craft activity by Fiskarscrafts using a scrap booking punch, vintage frames, books pages and a sewing machine to create your very own butterfly shadow box.
You will need a vintage frame with backing board, vintage book pages that fit within frame, butterfly decals cut from the patterned paper of your choice, a butterfly shaped paper punch, sewing machine, glue stick or double sided tape.
The how to
1. Measure your vintage book pages and cut to fit your chosen frame
2. Cut out butterfly shapes or simply punch out using a scrap book punch
3. glue or tape the butterflies in place on the book pages
4. stitch down the centre of each butterfly as see above
5. take a piece of chip board or the frames backing board and adhere the pages to the board then place in the frame and secure.
6. fold out the butterflies in the centre and hang
A simple way to create beautiful art for your home