Wednesday 18 July 2012

Vintage Star Chinese Checkers - from board game to art

A thrift store buy, this antique Chinese Checkers set is destined for greatness but not as a board game. Instead I'm going to frame it work and hang it on the wall.


To create the artwork I'll hot glue the balls to the cardboard backing and then glue the board to its box, unlike other framed board games I want to display the entire set as one framed artwork. I'll have a piece of hardboard cut to the size of the box and will glue it to the back ... once that dries a simple wire attached to the back, stapled at either end and it will be ready to hang!. This will be a great vintage DIY artwork project!


 Wood framed check board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!