Monday 28 May 2012

Lace Making - The Virtue of Patience!


Antique & Vintage Hand Loomed Linens and Lace

Pinned Image


Designed by Jenny Rees, made by Elizabeth May


I love antique embroidery and lace. I own a hand loomed table cloth with a lace appliqué centre found in an opp shop for about $15, its circa 20's and I use it all the time. Until recently I had not fully understood the painstaking work that goes into lace making, the images above are the before and after shots of a small approx 20cm x 7cm hand loomed lace bookmark.... can you imagine artisans of the bygone era sitting by candle light looming yards of lace for dresses and napery, I get impatient sewing with the benefit of electricity!! This has certainly given me a new found love and affection for vintage linens of all kinds!.

Pinned Image

Budget dream weddings 
great DIY doiley up-cycle idea 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!