Friday 20 April 2012

Mum's the word, Coca Cola Crate & Tolmie Collector's Fair


Last weekend Mum surprised us with a visit, she came baring vintage gifts - a very cool vintage coca cola crate (as seen below, I'm still to clean it out and give it a purpose, was thinking cool cosmetics sorter or cutlery holder). We then went for a bit of an opp shop shopping spree and as always we began to draw the lines between what she thinks is trash and I think is treasure....


While we were out and about I took a picture of the spoons above, to me they were stunning antique treasures to her, a seasoned collector and trader, they were a bunch of lime-washed old scrap.
Fortunately she does enjoy and identify with my love of all things retro & kitsch even if it is a mass produced 1960's tray with loud orange roses printed all over it. She even dabbles in a bit of industrial chic herself, just yesterday she had a rather cool WWII Metal Toolbox she plans to display at home. 

It's funny, when I was a teenager and we were clothes shopping, my goodness me some of the clothing she would choose for me was so wrong, but now, the number of cool vintage items in our home courtesy of her keen eye is amazing.

She's busy giving her time this weekend in the Regional Victorian town of Tolmie at their annual Antique Collector's Fair held this weekend 21st/ 22nd April 2012.... Antique's Road Show, eat your heart out!

Up-cycling Inspiration  



Great re purposing / upcycling project... DIY kids room storage
courtesy of Life in the Thrifty Lane

Sivad Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!