Saturday 24 May 2014

Vintage Peacock Chair Mini DIY Makeover

I love good peacock chair, they seem to be having a decade long comeback and I have always kept an eye out for a vintage version in my travels but never found the bargain I was looking for - until this week!. I found this beauty online and while it's not the super large ornate style I had in mind it was a fab find and I'm thrilled to finally have one in my collection.


I love the natural cane look but I am also obsessed with painting anything and everything around my home so I decided to white wash this chair by simply watering down some water based white paint. I added just under equal parts paint to water, stirred it through and painted away... it gives a chalky, lime washed finish. I started by adding 1/4 cup water to 1/2 cup paint then gradually added water to achieve the look I was after.






 
Raspberry Cockatoo Cushion (Bonnie and Neil), Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree, Morrocan Boucherouite Rug, Morrocan Leather Pouffe (Ada and Darcy), Triangle Pot plant DIY - here

xx

2 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! I desperately want a peacock chair in my life but my apartment is so new and has dark carpet it just wouldn't work. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a shame, not even on the balcony assuming it's covered?? You would totally rock a peacock chair, I am completely in love with your style!. Thanks for visiting and I'm thrilled you like :) Tina x

      Delete

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!