Saturday 5 April 2014

Moroccan Boucherouite Recycled Rag Rug

I have been in love with Boucherouite Rugs for the last year or so. My first real life example of these gorgeous Moroccan works of art was at a friends townhouse and it looked fabulous. At that time I had no idea of price points and where to get one until I started my online search and soon enough realised it wasn't going to happen. So I set my sights on Ikea's old faithful and called it a day.

I remember reading a post on Design Sponge, where Grace Bonney dreamed of finding a Boucherouite listed for a steal on Etsy or eBay and I thought while that would be lovely it was never going to happen... Well, two weeks ago I won this 4'x6' beauty for the price of the Ikea alternative, at a local auction house, tucked under a teak coffee table and a set of Tolix chairs - YAY!. Now all I need is a pair of Moroccan leather ottomans and I'll be set!.







 I bought these glasses at cute little boutique in Monte Marte not far from the steps to Sacré-Coeur .

xx 
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Tina! A lucky score for a lovely person! Owning one will probably remain a dream for me I'm afraid, but I am buying a couple of vintage Rya rugs from a friend who is selling them to me a very good price, so it's all ok,
    Have a lovely weekend, Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much gorgeous Kylie! That is so nice of you xx. Your Rya rugs sound gorgeous and will look amazing in your fabulous home!. I love Rya and Flokati rugs. This Boucherouite rug was such a crazy find... I guess the fellow auction goers had no idea what it was or were simply not interest. If I see one for a steal in my travels again I will let you know xx :) Tina

      Delete

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!