Wednesday 23 January 2013

A Very Belated Happy New Year - Vintage Dog Statue DIY

Hello lovelies! It is I, kicking off the year, having missed the world of blogging and the wonderful people and story sharing that comes with it.


 Here at Vintage Movement things have been a bit slower then usual, thrifting was temporarily replaced with hanging out with my hubby and family, setting NY resolutions and trying to go organic - I'm slow on the organic uptake but better late than never!. So I've dusted off the Zumba dvd's (a bit daggy but so much fun), ordered an organic fruit and veg box and turfed my much loved Hypnose mascara replacing it with an organic toxic free variety.... next to go will be the dramatically different for an organic moisturiser, bronzer and foundation, still on the hunt for a range that caters for my skin colour in Melbourne... the hunt continues.

On the vintage DIY front I thought I'd share this up-cycle project completed by my lovely Husband Adam.
A lucky trash and treasure find this vintage fibreglass Collie was a steal at $20 and a coat of paint and high gloss spray transformed him into a prized possession. 




There was a bit of a scary face situation prior to his makeover!







xx


12 comments:

  1. Omg how clever is your husband. Very impressed with his foresight, love this lil man in lime green now! I too have just put my bloggy boots on, super happy to be back again. Mwah Rach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rach,
      Happy New Year, so glad I'm not the only one who hasn't blogged in a while - so looking forward to checking out all your adventures!.
      xxxx :) Tina

      Delete
  2. Happy 2013 to you and welcome back :)

    I love the collie's makeover! It's great what a coat of paint can do isn't it? I'm about to attempt something similar but with a frog so fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Natalie,
      A very happy 2013 to you thanks for stopping by xo!
      Can't wait to see what you've been with your stunning home. Your froggy will look amazing... where on earth would we be without paint :).
      xx Tina

      Delete
  3. Hi Tina, glad you're back!
    Well you've (or your husband has!) certainly transformed that scary old Collie from something of questionable taste into something desirable. He looks like he's smiling now - he obviously approves of his makeover too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie,
      Happy New Year, lovely to hear from you.
      I think he totally approves of his makeover! He was sooo scary before wasn't he!!!
      :) xx Tina

      Delete
  4. ahhh there you are!!. missed you I did. that statue (before shot!) looks like its straight form the movie "Lassie goes bad!!"...you've worked your magic!...I bet you pat his head whenever you walk past. I gave my step dad a garden gnome in the same colour....his name is Carl...the gnome not my step dad!. Everyone chats to him....again the gnome not dad....anyhoo welcome back, pleased you had a lovely break.
    Allison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Allison,
      "Lassie goes bad" is totally on the money definitely some kind of rabies outbreak in that feature!!. My 4 year nephew Lenny is a bit scared of the life size statue, he thinks he's real, bit weird I know but that's how we roll!.
      Glad to be back on the blogging scene very refreshing, I totally missed the fun you bring to this space thanks so much for the call out :-) xx.
      Carl sounds adorable, love the clarification!!.
      Off to see what your have been up to... hope there is some vintage treasure!.
      xx Tina

      Delete
  5. Woofing Good! Team Vintage Movement! Welcome Home! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pippa,
      Happy New Year to you! So great to be back in your company... Omg I have been gone and there is a fabulous knot school going on - I LOVE it! Have to get some cord.. I'm off to Going Going Green this weekend so I'll make a cameo at Bunnings next door and hunt down some hot pink cord for practice.
      xx Tina

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful idea! It's funny how you can look at items and think how naff they are, but to think outside the square is wonderful - I wish I was that creative.. I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean Kel, sometimes a lick of paint can totally transform the daggiest thing into something wonderful... meanwhile you can't be an expert opp shopper, like yourself, and not be really creative... finding the treasure amongst the trash is one of the most creative activities of all - I think!. xx Tina

      Delete

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!