Friday 25 January 2013

A Night At The Museum - Monochromes

On Wednesday night my sister, niece and I found ourselves at the Wyndam Art Gallery, which just happens to be in the PM's seat, for the opening of my fabulous cousin's show entitled Monochromes.


David Sequeira - Monochromes




That's me (above), my lovely niece (below) who wore the coolest multi layered silk dyed dress, only wish the camerawomen had captured it properly!!!.


<p>David Sequeira's 13-year-old dog Sam now has some steps to help him up on his owner's bed after a random act of kindness from timber workers. Photo: Stuart Walmsley</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong> Random acts of kindness</strong></p>
<p>Here's a story so heart-warming it will probably warm not only your heart but all your other giblets as well.</p>
<p>Artist David Sequeira, of Hughes, has a venerable little dog, Sam, who is more than 13-years-old.</p>
<p>''He's my best buddy ever since I got him from an animal shelter 11 years ago,'' Sequeira explains. ''He's developed a limp and can't get up on to my bed by himself. Yes, I know, he's very spoilt. He sits on the couch and sleeps on the bed. I even cook for him! What can I say?</p>
<p>''Last Thursday I called Bunnings' Fyshwick store and asked if there was such a thing as a small set of steps that I could buy to enable Sam to climb up on to the bed.</p>
<p>''I spoke to a man, plainly a dog lover, who said that no, there wasn't anything in stock that was suitable but that if I came in the next day and asked for him he'd see if something could be worked out for Sam.''</p>
<p>Of course, for Sam's sake, he was prepared to have a go, but as the world's worst handyman he had visions of spending a week making shonky steps that would fall apart (perhaps even while Sam was climbing them).</p>
<p>He had visions of Sam up to his ankles in glue.</p>
<p>So he, Sequeira, showed up at Bunnings the next day in great trepidation only to find that ''Some staff members had actually <em>made me</em> a small set of steps for Sam. They were even carpeted! I offered to pay but they wouldn't take anything. It was so moving. I can't explain how someone would be so kind and compassionate. Such a random act of kindness.''</p>
<p>Sequeira reported yesterday that the steps are ''Just the right size for Sam'' and that Sam now ascends, with ease, to an emeritus dog's rightful place, on his owner's bed.</p>
<p>Bunnings at Fyshwick was being modest, shy and coy yesterday and didn't want any of its participants in this noble project named.</p>
<p> </p>

David with his little doggy Sam
(image courtesy of Canberra Times via Pinterest)



2 comments:

  1. Looks Cool. Glad you got something out of my post and the very best of luck on your journey. If you ever want to ask anything I'd be happy to answer it as best I can.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carolyn your post was so beautiful to read and perfect timing given my future endeavours... I so appreciate the offer of advice. xx Tina

      Delete

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!