Friday 17 August 2012

Candy Jar Punch Bowl - Making use of glass jars for party's and events

I LOVE a good Candy Jar.... as a direct result I have a collection of jars in all shapes and sizes that sit around gathering dust - so I'm making an effort to put them to good use.

Last weekend was my lovely husband's birthday and I wanted to serve a spiced beer punch and a sparkling peach tea punch but I didn't want to buy punch bowls, I'll never use again and have no where to store, so I thought why not use the candy jars.... the medium sized jars fit 2lts of punch per jar and, using a small sauce ladel to serve, these jars not only look effective but also hold enough fluid to feed 10-15 guests for a lunch time event without having to refill - love it!.



To create a vintage inspired drinks bar add some vintage crystal glasses a few bottles of Sanpellegrino Sparkling and an antique soup ladel - thrift stores are a great place to find vintage glasses, mix and match different designs to create an eclectic mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!