Monday 2 July 2012

Thomas The Tank Engine Cake - children's birthday fun!



This year I decided to make my gorgeous nephew a Thomas The Tank Engine birthday cake. Due to a nut, egg and seed allergy in the family I made the fondant and cakes from scratch... below you will find instructions from moulding the cake shape and butter creaming the outside to adding the fondant and the face. 

I was a bit slack with the finer details, as you will see there are some creases in the fondant and knife marks, but overall the cake was a hit with the kids!

If I were to create another Thomas cake I would round out the top section of the engine instead of leaving it square.


Cut and shape the cake using butter cream frosting as your glue


 
Making the face - adhere the face to the head piece using fondant and water creating a sticky adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!