Tuesday 10 July 2012

DIY Leopard Print Hi-Top Sneaker Cake Tutorial - 80's vintage cake fun!


So this month was cake month in my house with my niece and nephew's birthday  (hence the double cake tutorials!).

My niece chose a Vintage 80's inspired Hi-Top Sneaker Cake for her 15th and I found it hard to find a tutorial online so here is my brief "how to" .... hope you find it handy!  



The shaping, buttercream and fondant process



Adding the details



Adding dimension, shape and details



Painting the spots




As you can see I then added edible glitter to the tongue, green shoe laces and vanilla cupcakes to finish... overall I was very happy with the result... I would probably like to work on the shoelaces next time, they could have been better, but I simply ran out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!