Sunday 13 May 2012

Easy Upcycled DIY Vintage Trunk / Chest Coffee Table


A good family friend, in the process of downsizing, was getting rid of this vintage steamer trunk / chest and I was the lucky recipient. I adore the hardware on the trunk and set about turning it into a functional coffee table with added storage. 

Adding castors to the trunk was so simple, rather than just adding table legs to the chest, castors provide elevation, maneuverability and an industrial vibe which are all ticks in my book!.  

The image above is the simple how to guide to making your own DIY Trunk coffee table. I'm thinking a piece of glass for the top would also work nicely or perspex/ lucite... will add this soon.  

Shopping List

Vintage Chest or Steamer Trunk
4 x Castors (with or without locks)
16 Nuts, Bolts and Washers
Tools required - Drill


No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!