Saturday 4 October 2014

Vintage Chanel Poster - Thrifty Saturdays

It's been a while between thrifty Saturday shopping hauls and this extra special purchase was found online a few weeks ago. I love eBay and have bought many second hand and vintage bits and pieces for my home through the site and as soon as I stumbled across this vintage Chanel poster I had to make it mine! It is very similar to the style and size featured on The Block last year and my husband and I tried building our own frame using wooden moulding and custom cut perspex but it was a total fail so we sent it the be professionally framed.

Today marks the posters homecoming from the framers and at 1.2 x 1.6 metres it is without doubt the largest framed work I own to date - can't wait to see how it looks! I chose a lime washed flat edged wooden frame similar to the image top right (below).





I plan to rest the poster against a wall rather then nailing and hanging in place, that way I can move it around our home as I please!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!