Wednesday 22 October 2014

Recipe To Riches Mrs Mills Easy Bake!

After watching Channel 10's season 2 return of Recipe To Riches last night I went straight to Safeway aka Woolworths and bought a packet of Mrs Mills Easy Bake! I loved the show last year and Choc Corn was the only product I tried during the competitive rounds. After last nights show I knew I had to try AJ Mills gorgeous creations because in my book sour cherries and chocolate are a match made in heaven!!!

So let's get down to the review...

This is a frozen cookie dough stored in the freezer aisle. Having read many tips on good biscuit baking I knew resting and freezing dough before baking were two "bakers secrets" worth knowing so the product had a big tick in my book from the get go...  the chocolate cherry cookie combo was another big tick BUT after many years of baking my own cakes I recently baked a store bought cake mix and boy was I shocked by the awful taste - they really are nasty. So I was kind of expecting the same mass produced chemical taste from this bake-at-home product but before I talk about the taste let's look at the packaging, product and how to.




The directions are as simple as pre heat your oven, place on a baking tray and bake for 12 mins! I love the no fuss no mess approach... once these guys cool they are crispy around the edges and soft in the center. The biscuit isn't oozing with chocolate but the ratio is just right and the contrast with the sour cherries is delish. They really don't taste mass produced either, you could definitely pass them off as home made... for my money dried sour cherries for a chewy texture would have been gorgeous but that's being super fussy. Overall Mrs Mills Easy Bake is really delicious and well worth the win!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!