Saturday 1 February 2014

How To Make DIY Letterpress Art At Home - No Press Needed!

I love finding old letterpress/typography wood blocks at markets and op shops and today I wanted to share a fun and fashionable way to create letterpress style artworks at home without using a press!.



You will need:

Letters for stamping (I used vintage wood and metal printing blocks)
Paint in a variety of colours (I used basic acrylic paint)
Small stack of white paper
Frame (I used the Ikea Ribba frame)

1. Start by removing the mount from the frame and score your piece of paper using the inside edge of the mount as a guide
2. Arrange your letters within the scored window (you can also score around each block once your have organised your letter arrangement)
3. Choose your colours
4. Paint your letter and stamp it facing down (you may want to practice on a spare piece of paper first) I found it worked best stamping with a number of sheets beneath your piece of paper... It allowed the letter to have some cushioning while stamping which gave a better finish.
5. Leave to dry completely and then place in your frame















xx

I know I'm like the last person to join but Vintage Movement is now finally on Instagram - here

Happy weekend to all 

2 comments:

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!