Tuesday 4 December 2012

Vintage Christmas bits and other Pinterest finds!

Thought I'd share some Christmas pics today, mostly found on pinterest and all vintage or vintage inspired... by the way it is freezing here in Melbourne at the moment, went to Collingwood (for a samples and seconds clothing sale I couldn't miss!) this morning and the sun was shining and now it's ugg boots and blanket weather... summer where are you?

Anyway, here are some of my fave vintage-esque Christmas pins found here

 Pompom deer

wrapped flatware

>> jingle bells

Christmas wreath of old antique and vintage silver plates/platters

I've already posted this image but I had to include it again, this wreath is made from old antique metal trays

Christmas Decorations - lovely

Vintage Christmas

Marc Jacobs Christmas

I took this pic at Selfridges - To me these mannequins are a combination of Sinéad O' Connor and Robert Palmer's Addicted To Love back up singers.... do you see it??.

1957 vintage Christmas - LOVE!

1950's Christmas Tree

Vintage Mid Century Christmas - A vintage red Charles Eames sofa fits right into this festive scene featuring a rare pink aluminum Christmas tree

Mid Century Christmas Magic!

The Girl's Girl: Christmas kitsch, Boopsie Daisy-style

Christmas placecards

Isn't this a gorgeous way to create place cards...

White Pinecone Christmas Garland, this would be easy to make!

♥ knitted christmas stockings

♥ rustic christmas

dreaming of a white Christmas

Christmas wreath made from old family photo's - Superb DIY Craft Idea...

wreath made from old family photos

Vintage Christmas

vintage world map

xx




13 comments:

  1. love that 'joy to the world' map poster-i made one of those for my doll house last year in miniature! really liking the pink christmas tree with apple baubles too, and the...lots to like here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max your mini doll house poster sounds fab, I love this idea - cool and Christmassy all at the same time... I love the pink apple tree scene too - it is so cute and kitsch!.
      xx Tina

      Delete
  2. So much to love and be inspired by in these pics TINA. That tray wreath, the 50's Christmas tree and its modernist counterpart (those sculptures on the wall in the mid-century living room too. Gorgeous)
    Off to collect pine cones. I'm going to attempt to replicate the reef in December's Real Living. Seen it?
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie :) Glad you like the pics, I've read December's Real Living from cover to cover but I must have missed the pine cone wreath, which page are we talking? Looking forward to seeing your version soon xx Tina
      P.S how clever is the tray wreath, the 50's tree (I would have one in very room just like this if I could) and the modernist mid century room is superb.

      Delete
    2. It's on page 141 (painted pink) x

      Delete
    3. Well I've worked out why I couldn't find it, was looking at the November Christmas issue!! Just bought the Dec issue and love it - your wreath will be wonderful xx :)Tina

      Delete
    4. OMG! I can't believe I spelt wreath like that! What would the Nuns say!

      Delete
  3. The Xmas tree vignette and the cutlery has won me over! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pippa,
      Hope you are keeping warm, another chilly day tomorrow!. I love the cutlery too, so simple yet so effective...
      P.S love the twiggy sculpture at Fed Square too - popped down to Mark It Sunday before last and was fascinated.
      xx Tina

      Delete
  4. Feeling those rustic pics Tina, so divine but my heart belongs to the pom pom deer. He is most lovely! Lovely Xmas inspiration, thanks hon! Sorry you guys are freezing down there, Australia is such a big country isnt it! Rach x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rach, so nice of you :) I love the Pom Pom Deer too some people are so creative... the weather picked up today Sunny and lovely, but that is so Melbourne you are freezing in the morning, sweating in the afternoon and freezing again by 4pm but it is amazing how big and varied the country is, isn't it!. xx Tina gorgeous Christmas post today btw.

      Delete

I just love reading comments, thank you for taking the time and for stopping by!